Free Sample Marketing Plan : (Printable Version:)
A marketing plan for a small business typically includes Small Business Administration Description of competitors, including the level of demand for the product or services and the strengths and weaknesses of competitors.
Below is a free sample marketing plan outline. Please remember that your plan should be only as big as what you need to market a business. While everybody should plan an outline to help market a business, not everyone needs a complete formal marketing plan unless you are submitting to a potential investor bank. You can use a less formal plan to outline what your goals to market your business if you don't need investors to stay in track of your progress. Many business owners get lost after a while, and that my friends is one of the ways how businesses fail.
1. Description of the product or service, including special features
2. Marketing budget, including the advertising and promotional plan
3. Description of the business location, including advantages and disadvantages for business marketing
4. Pricing strategy
5. Market Segmentation
Medium-sized and large businesses
The main contents of a marketing plan are:
- Executive Summary
- Situational Analysis
- Opportunities / Issue Analysis - SWOT Analysis
- Action Programme (the operational marketing plan itself for the period under review)
- Financial Forecast
In detail, a complete marketing plan typically includes:
- Title page
- Executive Summary
- Current Situation - Macroenvironment
- supply chain
- Current Situation - Market Analysis
- market definition
- market size
- market segmentation
- industry structure and strategic groupings
- Porter 5 forces analysis
- competition and market share
- competitors' strengths and weaknesses
- market trends
- Current Situation - Consumer Analysis
- nature of the buying decision
- buyer motivation and expectations
- loyalty segments
- Current Situation - Internal
- company resources
- mission statement and vision statement
- corporate objectives
- financial objective
- marketing objectives
- long term objectives
- description of the basic business philosophy
- corporate culture
- Summary of Situation Analysis
- external threats
- external opportunities
- internal strengths
- internal weaknesses
- Critical success factors in the industry
- our sustainable competitive advantage
- Marketing research
- information requirements
- research methodology
- research results
- Marketing Strategy - Product
- product mix
- product strengths and weaknesses
- perceptual mapping
- product life cycle management and new product development
- Brand name, brand image, and brand equity
- the augmented product
- product portfolio analysis
- B.C.G. Analysis
- contribution margin analysis
- G.E. Multi Factoral analysis
- Quality Function Deployment
- Marketing Strategy - segmented marketing actions and market share objectives
- by product,
- by customer segment,
- by geographical market,
- by distribution channel.
- Marketing Strategy - Price
- pricing objectives
- pricing method (eg.: cost plus, demand based, or competitor indexing)
- pricing strategy (eg.: skimming, or penetration)
- discounts and allowances
- price elasticity and customer sensitivity
- price zoning
- break even analysis at various prices
- Marketing Strategy - promotion
- promotional goals
- promotional mix
- advertising reach, frequency, flights, theme, and media
- sales force requirements, techniques, and management
- sales promotion
- publicity and public relations
- electronic promotion (eg.: Web, or telephone)
- word of mouth marketing (buzz)
- viral marketing
- Marketing Strategy - Distribution
- geographical coverage
- distribution channels
- physical distribution and logistics
- electronic distribution
- personnel requirements
- assign responsibilities
- give incentives
- training on selling methods
- financial requirements
- management information systems requirements
- month-by-month agenda
- PERT or critical path analysis
- monitoring results and benchmarks
- adjustment mechanism
- contingencies (What if's)
- Financial Summary
- pro-forma monthly income statement
- contribution margin analysis
- breakeven analysis
- Monte Carlo method
- ISI: Internet Strategic Intelligence
- Prediction of Future Scenarios
- Plan of Action for each Scenario
- pictures and specifications of the new product
- results from research already completed
Q: How can a professional web designer come up with a business marketing strategy? I am a webmaster in Florida. From what I read and what people tell me, the skills I have for designing websites and web development are still in high demand.....
So you've got a fantastic idea for a business, a product that absolutely everyone wants. so now what? It's time for a marketing strategy and plan; the lifeblood of any successful product lies in its ability to reach out amongst the ....
A marketing plan for a small business typically includes Small Business Administration Description of competitors, including the level of demand for the product or service and the strengths and weaknesses of competitors....
Every marketing plan has to fit the needs and situation. Even so, there are standard components you just can't do without. A marketing plan should always have a situation analysis, marketing strategy, sales forecast, and expense budget.
Affiliate Marketing is an Internet-based-marketing practice in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought about by ....
"Email marketing" is a form of direct marketing which uses electronic mail as a means of communicating commercial or fundraising messages to an audience. ....
Pay per click (or PPC) is an Internet advertising model used on websites, in which advertisers pay their host only when their advertisment is clicked....
Article marketing is a type of advertising in which businesses write short articles related to their respective industry.....
Search engine optimization ( SEO ) is the process of improving the volume or quality of web traffic to a web site from search engines via...
Social media is media designed to be disseminated through social interaction, created using highly accessible and scalable publishing techniques...
Not only are press releases an effective marketing strategy for distributing content to the media and consumers, they can easily be syndicated to create opportunities to attract incoming links. Here's a sample press release template...
Other related Articles:
Mobile Marketing Strategy for Small Business is an increasingly effective way to tap into a younger customer base. While it might not be a perfect fit for every business, check out the marketing potential in geo-location apps like Foursquare, Facebook Places and Yelp...
Those of us running our own home based business need to find a way to ramp up our marketing campaigns despite our dwindling budgets. Here are four free marketing strategies during recession...
Entrepreneurs, start-ups and other small businesses often wonder about the online marketing tools that can be used...
As every marketer knows, planning online marketing is a lot of work. If you save it all until budgets open up and your company is ready to invest more in marketing...
Advertising online offers a flexible structure and is far more cost effective and measurable than traditional media. Depending on the marketing goals and objectives...
Below are ways to promote your website as well as some article marketing tips and strategies to drive web traffic to your site....
Here are the 5 best internet marketing strategies to drive your home business revenue ...
Twitter is a social networking website that is rapidly increasing in popularity and as a Internet Marketing tool. Below are tips on how you can transform ...
Marketing should be the last activity you eliminate or you risk an even faster downward spiral. Business advertising and attracting new customers should be ...
If you operate an online business, chances are that you do not have a large advertising budget set aside. However, this does not mean that you should completely ...
You may not even know what a Web Marketing Business is, but I am able to tell you that even if you dont, it could be the ideal company for you. ...
A good public relations strategy is an alternative to advertising. Effective public relations is a cost-effective way to gain editorial exposure for ...
A large number of clients are keen on having more Flash on their web pages which kills Search Engine Optimization for your website markting strategy ...
How do you ensure that your current web strategies and overall experience are both delivering on your brand promise and aligning with your business goals? ...
Focus on developing the right mindset and marketing strategy to business success, which includes effectively defining your audience and developing ...
Given the current business environment, internet marketing specialists are trying their best to come up with a marketing strategies ...
Having your own website on the Internet does not guarantee instant marketing. Many believed that search engines will automatically point to your page...